COSMETIC SKIN INSTITUTE MONTHLY BLOG | MARCH 2014: JUVEDERM VOLUMA
What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile, for up to 2 years, in patients over the age of 21. It’s different than JUVÉDERM® XC and works on a different area of the face. JUVÉDERM® XC smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, like parentheses. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, however, adds volume to the cheek area.
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel?
• First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
• Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
• JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
• After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
• Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring, hydrating substance found in your skin. As you age, you start to lose HA, which causes the skin to lose structure and volume.
Call 202-965-7546 to schedule an appointment in Washington, DC or 301-570-0030 to schedule an appointment in Olney, MD.
MORE OF OUR SERVICES