Restylane Washington DC
Olney, MD Location
18111 Prince Phillip Drive
Olney, MD 20832
Washington, DC Location
4400 MacArthur Blvd NW
Washington D.C., 20007
Cosmetic Skin Institute offers Restylane® (which was FDA-approved in December 2003) administration that helps enhance the fullness of lips and nasolabial folds (laugh lines). Other areas of the face include frown lines between the eyes and forehead lines. Where Botox® does not diminish deep furrow lines, fillers can be added in conjunction with Botox® in order to achieve the desired result. During consultation a through evaluation will be given in order to assess which treatment best fits your needs.
In 1996, Swedish biotechnology company Q-Med created a genetically engineered version of hyaluronic acid (Restylane® and Perlane®). Hyaluronic acid is a polysaccharide, or natural sugar, that is found largely in the skin. Its primary function is to provide volume and pliability to the skin. The unique characteristic of hyaluronic acid is its ability to bind with water up to 1000 times its volume. This property makes it ideal as a filler agent, for even while hyaluronic acid filler is being naturally degraded it continues to attract more water to it. This characteristic allows it to hold its shape even longer.
What Is Restylane®?
Restylane® is classified as a cosmetic filler. Restylane® is probably the most exciting non-surgical advancement in facial rejuvenation today. While there are numerous injectable fillers on the market today, many of them have their drawbacks ranging from allergic reactions to short life spans. Restylane® is considered safe and natural.
What Are the Different Types of Restylane®?
– Restylane – is intended for wrinkle correction and lip enhancements.
– Restylane Silk – is used for subtle lip enhancement and the smoothing of wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
– Restylane Lyft – provides fullness to cheeks and adds volume to correct and smooth smile lines (nasolabial folds).
– Wrinkle correction
– Lip augmentation
– Correcting nasolabial and other folds
– No skin test is necessary. Allergic reactions are almost non-existent
– Lasts up to 60% longer than collagen fillers
– Clinical trials show that Restylane® is effective for up to six months after lip augmentation.
More Of Our Services
Botox Washington DC
Dysport Washington DC
IPL Washington DC
Juvederm Washington DC
Laser Hair Removal Washington DC
Tattoo Removal Washington DC
Restylane Silk Washington DC
Restylane Lyft Washington DC
Fraxel Laser Washington DC
Skin Care Washington DC
Georgetown, Palisades, Washington DC, Tenleytown, Maryland, Olney, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Potomac, McLean, Virginia, Chevy Chase